Plant Assistant Financial Manager
Company Name: State Avenue
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Exempt
Assist the plant senior financial leader to control and guard the company's assets by reporting profit and loss accurately and protecting inventory and capital investments while improving cash flow and reducing working capital. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability (SQR) and our Customer 1st strategy. Provide leadership that embodies our 7 Kroger Manufacturing High Performance Work System principles. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Be a financial leader at the plant for the site leader and staff.
- Review company financial records and ensure accuracy.
- Assist in period and year-end closing financial statement preparation and review.
- Prepare weekly profit estimates based on the sales forecast and current plant and marketing activities.
- Assist in preparing period profit estimates and annual budgets for departments; analyze business activities.
- Develop necessary financial analyses, including trends, discrepancies and opportunities.
- Maintain accurate financial records.
- Analyze financial statements to ensure proper reporting of period results along with explanations and information for department heads.
- Audit plant expense accounts and validate dollars spent and proof of expenditures.
- Control company’s physical and liquid assets, review and approve expenditures, and install safeguards to prevent excessive spending or waste.
- Lead working capital initiative and complete year-end tax reports and annual consensus reports.
- Evaluate multiple accounting systems/interfaces and investigate related issues.
- Assist in the preparation of various cost estimates on new products or package changes and continually analyze pricing and price quotes for outside sales.
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe, quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF 2000 Systems.
- Accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance field
- 2+ year’s progressive related experience, preferably in manufacturing accounting/finance
- Thorough knowledge of accounting practices
- Strong attention to detail, with a high degree of accuracy and precision
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to comprehend complex oral and written instructions
- Ability to foster collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Experience in manufacturing and/or union environment
- Previous experience in cost accounting, budgeting and forecasting
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Excel and Hyperion Essbase
Education Level: Bachelor's Required
Required Travel: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
States: Indiana; Kentucky; Ohio
Jobs at Kroger Manufacturing: Through quality products, strong individual commitments and team spirit, Kroger has been established as a leader in the manufacturing industry. Kroger Manufacturing provides career development programs aligned with aspirations in Engineering, Process Management, Information Systems, Quality Assurance, Operations Management, Human Resources, Finance and Procurement. Our work force programs provide technically challenging rotations with cross-functional teams, plants and locations to allow our Associates to learn from some of the brightest minds in the business. Experience and training combined with mentoring and guidance from plant sponsors prepare our Associates with the skills and leadership behaviors needed to achieve a successful career at Kroger.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: OH || Cincinnati || 1212 State Avenue || 45204 || State Avenue || None || Manufacturing; Management || Employee || Exempt || Full-Time || None