Business Customer Development Analyst (Columbus, OH)
DHL Westerville, Ohio
customer development analyst team training dhl bd sales business development data travel operations supply supply chain
March 26, 2023
Business CustomerDevelopment Analyst
Are you an innovative and solutions-oriented individual who can think outside the box to focus on the possibilities?Are you passionate about cultivating mutually beneficial long-term relationships?Do you thrive on having direct responsibility for your success?Do you get a rush when negotiating and closing a deal?
If so, DHL Supply Chain has the opportunity for you.
This entry-level role is a development ground to provide a path into Business Development (BD). You will provide support to the BD team & Consumer sector to hit their annual sales target. You will learn by working hand-in-hand with the VP of Business Development, along with all others within the BD team. You will support the sector in their sales efforts, while learning the skills to eventually assist on customer accounts and/or assist in actively pursue business with new customers within the sector.
- Key day-to-day activities include:
- Creating Sales Materials:
- Development of detailed case studies highlighting business successes
- Ensuring the BD team is equipped with up-to-date material
- Interviewing with internal stakeholders, and collaboration with marketing team
- Identifying appropriate medium to share content
- Assisting in RFI and RFP response documents
- Keeping a central repository of this information to be easily located by the BD team
- Market Assessments- strategize on market opportunities/potential growth areas for the sector:
- Market research online (Gartner, Supply Chain News, etc.)
- Arming the Business Development team with trends and key selling points used for targeting
- Create potential customer lists along with the VP of BD to help the team grow their pipeline
- New Opportunity Assessment:
- Initial vetting of potential customers, and gathering the necessary data of those potential customers to make a Go/No-Go decision.
- Discuss directly with the potential customer to understand their needs, size the opportunity, and ultimately determine if there is a business fit
- Discuss/negotiate internally on why or why not the potential customer is a fit
- Contact and set-up meetings with potential leads that have reached out to DHL for help (once every two weeks)
- Analyze RFP and customer data to assess opportunity risk, scope, and financial benefits
- Shadowing and assisting on active pursuits:
- Working hand-in-hand with the lead Business Developer on the deal
- Assisting in data gathering on the customer
- Developing sales materials with the deal team (i.e. presentation decks, case studies, etc.)
- Strategizing a win-plan with the deal team
- Opportunity to travel and be involved in customer meetings
- We want you to get as much experience with a customer as possible, as if/when you become a manager, you will be talking with a customer daily
- Visit operations to better learn DHL's tool-kit/offerings for our customers:
- Depending on your office location, DHL typically has several operations within the area to tour-otherwise travel may be required
- Spend time with co-workers from various operations to better understand their day-to-day needs and pain points
- Developing your ability to be customer-facing
- This will come gradually and the more success you show with customers, the more this will be added.
- DHL is committed to providing you with the training needed to bring you success and development opportunities
- Travel sometimes required for training (with our HQ in Columbus, OH, this is where most official training courses are held)
- Trainings include business writing, learning DHL's sales processes, warehousing and transportation design courses, commercial contracting, negotiation, etc.
- Ultimately you will set-up a training plan for yourself along with your manager-tailored to areas which you decide training is needed or wanted
Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field, required
2 year's work experience in marketing, sales, transportation and/or logistics, required
Our Organization has a business casual environment and focuses on teamwork, associate development, training, and continuous improvement. We offer competitive wages, excellent affordable insurance benefits (including health, dental, vision and life), 401K plan, paid vacation and holidays.
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer.
Report this job