Communications & Marketing Coordinator
Based in Valley View, Ohio, Bessemer Management Company has 85 years of experience in the flatbed, intermodal, and over-dimensional trucking industries. Our family of companies is primarily comprised of a network of 2,600 trucks spread across two flatbed trucking companies (Kaplan Trucking and Eastern Express), two intermodal trucking companies (Horizon Freight System and TRX) and one heavy-haul/over-dimensional trucking company (DD&S Express).
We are growing and seeking a Communications & Marketing Coordinator.
In this position, you will report to/work alongside our Director of Communications & Marketing as you help to plan, create, and execute a variety of internal and external communications and marketing-focused tasks and projects for our varying audiences (owner operators (truck drivers), terminal personnel, departments/employees at our Corporate Office, potential owner operators, potential customers, etc.).
Responsibilities will include:
- Copywriting, copyediting, and proofreading for ongoing email blasts and text message campaigns focused on both safety-specific topics as well as more general/informational communication, our public-facing websites, driver and terminal intranets, social media (currently Facebook and LinkedIn), flyers, etc.
- Content creation, photography, and videography/video editing for these same communications vehicles (no pun intended!)
- Helping to update and maintain presentation materials for our new driver orientation program, ongoing safety training programs, and prospective customer proposals
- Helping to update and maintain contact information for our owner operators, terminals, and employees
- Supporting all of our departments with tasks and supplemental projects as needed
We are looking for a seasoned professional with at least 3-5 years of professional writing, communications, marketing, and/or public relations experience. Candidates must be able to share examples of content they ve created for websites, social media, and other written collateral. In addition, experience with WordPress, Camtasia, and/or Canva is a huge plus.
Due to the nature of this position, this role is fully in-person / in-office.
Hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM with a 1-hour lunch. Benefits include health, dental, vision, and supplemental insurances; a 401(k) program with company match; paid time off (PTO); and a performance-based bonus program.
You are our ideal candidate if you:
- Are an exceptional written and verbal communicator.
- Are a consummate professional that believes in the impact of first (and subsequent) impressions.
- Are service-oriented and enjoy helping others as a core function of your job.
- Take pride in and ownership of your work.
- Are willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done and would say you have a strong work ethic.
- Would never say that s not my job. You always try to give your best effort and are willing to take on more mundane/less glamorous tasks, larger projects that you ll lead, and anything in-between.
- Enjoy learning and/or would describe yourself as a lifelong learner. You re naturally curious and want to understand how different departments and business functions interact because you believe the more you know, the better you ll be able to do your job.
- Are humble. You would never say you re 100% proficient in a given topic or way of doing something.
- Have an open mind and want to learn everything you can about our business, processes, and industry so your knowledge and contributions will be able to go further as a result.
- Enjoy working with a variety of people, including working directly with our President, CFO, and department managers.
- Are a self-driven, self-starter who is responsible for your work (but also aren t afraid to ask questions when you don t understand something or need help).
- Thrive on working in a fast-paced, rapidly-evolving environment.
- Can maintain your composure when priorities shift, plans change, or emergent situations arise.
- Value follow-up and believe it s important to make sure that everyone around you has the information they need so nothing falls through the cracks.
- Don t believe in cutting corners and are willing to put in the time and effort it takes to not only do things correctly and on time, but to exceed expectations.
- Can manage priorities based on direction and guidance from your supervisor.
- Would describe yourself as more organized than most other people you know.
- Can work with others and independently.
- Have a positive attitude and friendly demeanor that allows you to cultivate professional working relationships with those around you.
A little more about who we are:
- We are only as good as how well we take care of our drivers. Our drivers are experienced, professional, and hard-working people and we take our commitment to them seriously because without them our business wouldn t exist.
- We re not perfect, but we do our best to take care of our employees. We value our employees experience and knowledge it s in large part due to their efforts that we ve enjoyed the success we have for so many years.
- We remain true to our roots and are intentional about not sacrificing our culture simply for the sake of growth. Even though we are a large company that enjoys the benefits of a larger operation, we are not corporate and never intend to be.
- We have a roll up our sleeves mentality. We work hard, but we do it together and make sure to find ways to still have fun and celebrate our successes and each other.
- We don t believe in standing still. We re always looking for ways to improve and evolve.
- Because we manage several different types of trucking operations, we are a stable, diversified business. And, unlike many trucking companies that are publicly-traded or owned by private equity, we are proud to be an independent company.
- We re in it for the long-term, which is why honesty, responsiveness, accuracy, and teamwork mean a lot to us. We don t chase short-term gain at the expense of our long-term business.
- Most of us work out of our beautiful, still very much brand new-feeling Corporate Office building that we built and moved into in April 2018. We re located on the corner of Rockside and Canal in Valley View about 1.5 miles off of I-77, so we have convenient access to much of northeast Ohio.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No nights
- No weekends
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cleveland, OH 44125: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location